The IMSC’s Preparatory Course for Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O-Level) (Intensive) aims to prepare private candidates for the national level assessments jointly organized and conducted by the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) and the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicates over 11 months.
- Course syllabus follows Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) Syllabuses.
- Course content closely aligns with the latest examination guidelines.
- Focus on providing students with concrete knowledge and skills.
- Aim to prepare students for examinations effectively.
- The goal is to help students obtain internationally recognized academic achievements.
- 11 months (full-time)
- This programme is made up of 4 core modules (Units 1 to 4), and 1 elective module (any one unit between 5A and 5B).
- All students are required to take all 4 core modules, and choose from 1 of the 2 elective modules available in order to complete the programme.
- Please enquire with us
Applicant must meet the following requirements to enroll into the course:
- 16 years of age, and above
English Language Proficiency
- IELTS 4.0, or equivalent; or
- Pass IMSC’s English Placement Test (with a minimum score of 50%)
- Pass in Year 9 or equivalent in home country
- English Language (Intensive)
- Mathematics (Intensive)
- Additional Mathematics (Intensive)
- Principle of Accounting (Intensive)
Electives (choose 1)
- Physics (Intensive)
- Combined Science (Physics, Chemistry) (Intensive)
Mr Tan’s effort to teach us and see us do well is incredible. Good job!
Faizul did a great job, really got his points across!
Melvin was great. Used a lot of examples to educate us. Good job!
This course helped me upgrade my skills and develop new skills in the hospitality profession. The teachers' teaching methods are very good and they teach in a simple and easy method. All lessons were delivered with good examples and with good information to meet my study requirements.
With my busy schedule, the arrangement for online lectures provided me with flexible time management. I still get freedom over my schedule which allows me to pursue sports, get educated and have adequate rest. I'm taking this Diploma as I believe that as a sportsman, it is critical to be educated with appropriate knowledge and skills. Currently, I have interest in being a coach or a sports marketer so it's essential to be trained for the correct area for my future.
The lecturers at IMSC are knowledgeable, and I was able to to apply what I have learnt in class such as Human Anatomy, Nutrition and Strength and Conditioning to my job as a Fitness Trainer. One of my favourite memories include the field trip to Sports Stadium as we can picture what we have learnt in class to real life settings.
The environment at IMSC is very hospitable and encouraging. With their wealth of experience, the academic lecturers are able to conduct the class in a very engaging and stimulating manner. I'm delighted and proud to be part of IMSC and am looking forward to the industrial attachment where I can obtain first-hand experience in the relevant industry.
I chose to pursue the private education route as I wanted to study relevant modules direct to the industry and upgrade myself. Upon completing the diploma, I’m currently working full-time at Decathlon Singapore as an Omnichannel Sports Advisor and I can apply the knowledge in my current working life. I’m glad I chose IMSC to further my education.
The Business & Retail Management Diploma taught me the sound fundamentals of running a business with its balanced modules. The real-life encounters shared by the lecturers, as well as the study visits, allowed us to witness first-hand, new retail concepts and trends that made teaching very insightful. Most of all, I would like to thank the college for fulfillling my passion for soccer that is combined with retail business! I couldn't be happier when I was selected for an Industrial Attachment at a top local sports chain.
Kang Hee Ju
I was offered to pursue the Sports Science & Management Diploma with IMSC and decide whether I like it and would want to pursue it as my degree course. I found most of the modules interesting and useful to me. Psychology and Human Anatomy are modules that I had interest in thus the information I learnt about really stayed with me.