The Diploma in Sports Science and Management is designed to provide well rounded knowledge and skills in the area of Sports Science and Sports Management. The programme will provide students to demonstrate both practical and theoretical understanding of various topics in these fields. This will provide a strong foundation for further education and also prepare students for work in the industry.
- Academic Instruction : 6 months (full-time) or 8 months (part-time)
- Industrial Attachment* : Up to 6 months
Potential job roles include (but not limited to):
- Competition Manager
- Program Developer
- Talent/ Sport Development Manager
- Sports Administrator
- Public Relations/Facility Executive
- Sports Marketing Executive
- Sports/Events Management Executive
- Sports Scientist
- Sports Coach
- Exercise Physiologist
- Fitness Centre Manager
- Strength and Conditioning Trainer/ Specialist
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Sports Therapist
- Gym Manager
|Module Code||Module Title|
|M3||Sports Facilities and Events Management|
|S1||Human Anatomy and Physiology|
|S4||Strength and Conditioning|
|S5||Biomechanics and Sports Technology|
Applicant must meet the following requirements to enroll into the course:
- Minimum 16 years old
- 3 GCE ‘O’ Level Passes at C6 and above; OR
- NITEC or Higher NITEC; OR
- Formal education equivalent to ‘O’ Levels
English Language Proficiency
- GCE ‘O’ Level Pass in English at C6 and above; OR
- IELTS 5.0 and above or equivalent
Refer to brochure for exact cost and breakdown of items.
You may also reach out to our course consultants for more information.
- One-time cash prize of S$2000
- Industrial Attachment with Sports Lab
- Secured job placement with Sports Lab upon completion of Diploma
- S$500 worth of IMSC Credits (reedemable for other courses provided by the ISA Group)
Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Graduating student must pursuing the Diploma in SSM offered by IMSC
- Achieved outstanding academic results
- Maintain an average of at least “merit” in all modules
- Possess strong leadership qualities and potential
- Made significant contributions beyond academic studies to the College or the community
- Demonstrate exemplary behavior in IMSC
- Proven skillsets during the Industrial Attachment
Application & Shortlisting Process
- Applications can only be submitted after applications for admission to IMSC have been submitted.
- Applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarships, based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the Sports Lab Book Prize Award selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for the selection interview(s) will be informed via email.
For more information, please send in your enquiry to email@example.com or contact IMSC at 6423 0668.
Mr Tan’s effort to teach us and see us do well is incredible. Good job!
Faizul did a great job, really got his points across!
Melvin was great. Used a lot of examples to educate us. Good job!
The Industrial Attachment programme offered at IMSC has been beneficial to my education. It has been an eye-opening experience as I gain exposure and insights to the sports industry. As a Sports Therapist Assistant at Sports Relief Therapy Clinic, I'm able to apply the sports science knowledge learnt in class which enabled me to better prescribe strengthening exercises and provide sports nutritional advice to the patients.
I have a strong passion for sports since young. The Diploma in Sports Science & Management have provided me with the opportunity to increase my sports knowledge which is very useful for my future. Besides being interested in the theory behind sport, I am also keen to learn about the sports industry too! I particularly enjoyed studying moduless such as Strength & Conditioning, Sports Psychology and Nutrition. These modules are so interesting that it sparked my interest in wanting to study more in-depth in the future! I got to learn many new skills, made new friends and also meet people who were helpful in guiding my education.
The school has played a tremendouys role in supporting my academic pursuit. Given my commitments, one high key from either work, school or competition was bound to clash but the school provided me with the utmost support by helping me to defer my exams during crucial times, that helped me maintain my grades in school. The school strongly supports sporting excellence and will without a doubt provide time-off for training and major competition for student-athletes. For that, I am ever grateful to the school and the staff through my time here.
With my busy schedule, the arrangement for online lectures provided me with flexible time management. I still get freedom over my schedule which allows me to pursue sports, get educated and have adequate rest. I'm taking this Diploma as I believe that as a sportsman, it is critical to be educated with appropriate knowledge and skills. Currently, I have interest in being a coach or a sports marketer so it's essential to be trained for the correct area for my future.
The lecturers at IMSC are knowledgeable, and I was able to to apply what I have learnt in class such as Human Anatomy, Nutrition and Strength and Conditioning to my job as a Fitness Trainer. One of my favourite memories include the field trip to Sports Stadium as we can picture what we have learnt in class to real life settings.
I chose to pursue the private education route as I wanted to study relevant modules direct to the industry and upgrade myself. Upon completing the diploma, I’m currently working full-time at Decathlon Singapore as an Omnichannel Sports Advisor and I can apply the knowledge in my current working life. I’m glad I chose IMSC to further my education.
Kang Hee Ju
I was offered to pursue the Sports Science & Management Diploma with IMSC and decide whether I like it and would want to pursue it as my degree course. I found most of the modules interesting and useful to me. Psychology and Human Anatomy are modules that I had interest in thus the information I learnt about really stayed with me.