The Bachelor of Science in Sport Management (Top-up) programme offered by the University of Portsmouth will help build students’ understanding of sport and its role in society. Students will learn how sports development and sports management can give people the opportunity to take part in sport and physical activity, no matter their ability. Students will graduate with the knowledge, understanding and skill to excel in either the sports management or sports development sectors.
Duration (Part & Full-time)
- Academic Instruction : 8 months
Potential job roles include (but not limited to):
- Sports Administrator
- Sports/Events Management Executive
- National Sports Association Executive
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports and Recreation Event/Marketing Executive
- Sports Retail and Management Executive
|Module Code||Module Title|
|Strategic Management in Sport|
|Marketing and Promotion of Sport|
|Sports Entrepreneurship and Business Venturing|
Applicant must meet the following requirements to enroll into the course:
- Minimum 17 years old
- Diploma in Sports Management from Republic Polytechnic or Diploma in Sport & Wellness Management from Nanyang Polytechnic with a minimum of GPA 2.5; OR
- Any other sport or business-related diploma qualifications awarded by other tertiary institutions in Singapore – i.e. Singapore Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Temasek Polytechnic and Nanyang Polytechnic with a minimum of GPA 3.0; OR
- Equivalent relevant Advanced/Higher Diploma qualifications awarded by other Singapore registered PEI’s with a minimum GPA 3.0 or equivalent; OR
- Diploma graduate from recognised sports and exercise science, sport and wellness, health services and management-related programmes
English Language Proficiency
- GCE ‘O’ Level Pass in English at C6 and above; OR
- IELTS 6.0 and above and no sub-component below 5.5 or equivalent
Information is unavailable at this moment
Explore the possible pathways at IMSC.
The Industrial Attachment programme offered at IMSC has been beneficial to my education. It has been an eye-opening experience as I gain exposure and insights to the sports industry. As a Sports Therapist Assistant at Sports Relief Therapy Clinic, I'm able to apply the sports science knowledge learnt in class which enabled me to better prescribe strengthening exercises and provide sports nutritional advice to the patients.
I have a strong passion for sports since young. The Diploma in Sports Science & Management have provided me with the opportunity to increase my sports knowledge which is very useful for my future. Besides being interested in the theory behind sport, I am also keen to learn about the sports industry too! I particularly enjoyed studying moduless such as Strength & Conditioning, Sports Psychology and Nutrition. These modules are so interesting that it sparked my interest in wanting to study more in-depth in the future! I got to learn many new skills, made new friends and also meet people who were helpful in guiding my education.
The school has played a tremendouys role in supporting my academic pursuit. Given my commitments, one high key from either work, school or competition was bound to clash but the school provided me with the utmost support by helping me to defer my exams during crucial times, that helped me maintain my grades in school. The school strongly supports sporting excellence and will without a doubt provide time-off for training and major competition for student-athletes. For that, I am ever grateful to the school and the staff through my time here.
With my busy schedule, the arrangement for online lectures provided me with flexible time management. I still get freedom over my schedule which allows me to pursue sports, get educated and have adequate rest. I'm taking this Diploma as I believe that as a sportsman, it is critical to be educated with appropriate knowledge and skills. Currently, I have interest in being a coach or a sports marketer so it's essential to be trained for the correct area for my future.
The lecturers at IMSC are knowledgeable, and I was able to to apply what I have learnt in class such as Human Anatomy, Nutrition and Strength and Conditioning to my job as a Fitness Trainer. One of my favourite memories include the field trip to Sports Stadium as we can picture what we have learnt in class to real life settings.
I chose to pursue the private education route as I wanted to study relevant modules direct to the industry and upgrade myself. Upon completing the diploma, I’m currently working full-time at Decathlon Singapore as an Omnichannel Sports Advisor and I can apply the knowledge in my current working life. I’m glad I chose IMSC to further my education.
Kang Hee Ju
I was offered to pursue the Sports Science & Management Diploma with IMSC and decide whether I like it and would want to pursue it as my degree course. I found most of the modules interesting and useful to me. Psychology and Human Anatomy are modules that I had interest in thus the information I learnt about really stayed with me.